Re: [LAU] Desktop whole-screen audio/video recording

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 08:13:40 EEST

On 07/15/2014 12:21 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> I've just been taking a look at the user guide for RecordMyDesktop, which looks
> very simple and easy to use (has jack support).
>
> Does anyone have any experience of using this?
>
> Is there an equally easy way to add captions later?
>
> How about making a copy suitable for youtube?
>
> Should I be using something completely different?
>
> Am I asking too many questions? :)

Hi Will,

I've used RecordMyDesktop in the past, back then it was already
suffering from bitrot and it was quite buggy. Also the outcome wasn't of
very high quality. I moved to using scripts
(http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/screencasttutorial) that are still
included with KXStudio I think. But those scripts seem to be obsoleted
in their turn by SSR: http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/

Bye,

Jeremy