Re: [LAU] Desktop whole-screen audio/video recording

From: Philipp Überbacher <murks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 24 2014 - 22:02:06 EEST

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 18:56:37 +0100
Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I'm afraid that so far I've had no success with this at all.
>
> First I tried the recommended Simple Screen Recorder, only this
> doesn't appear in the debian testing repos, so I tried to compile it,
> making sure I had all the headers installed. However it failed at the
> configure stage with:
>
> checking for libavformat/avformat.h... yes
> checking for av_guess_format in -lavformat... no
> configure: error: required library missing
>
> However, in /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h
> we have:
>
> /**
> * Return the output format in the list of registered output formats
> * which best matches the provided parameters, or return NULL if
> * there is no match.
> *
> * @param short_name if non-NULL checks if short_name matches with the
> * names of the registered formats
> * @param filename if non-NULL checks if filename terminates with the
> * extensions of the registered formats
> * @param mime_type if non-NULL checks if mime_type matches with the
> * MIME type of the registered formats
> */
> AVOutputFormat *av_guess_format(const char *short_name,
> const char *filename,
> const char *mime_type);

SSR is built pretty much with default settings on my distribution.
libavformat seems to be part of ffmpeg. Maybe the version in Debian is
too old or it is built with different options. Here is how it's built
on the distribution I use:
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/ffmpeg

But maybe the getdeb package works for you?
http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/#download

Regards,
Philipp