Re: [LAU] Debian DAW experiences

From: David Christensen <dpchrist@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2014 - 06:21:20 EEST

On 09/02/2014 06:41 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
> Have you been to your local dollar store lately?

That's a tough one. I'm a union electrician in the United States and I
avoid Walmart, etc., because of the games they play with their workers.

Unfortunately, it has become increasingly difficult to research and
identify products that don't have this problem (or worse) somewhere in
their supply chain. Legalized political campaign contributions, foreign
state-sponsored capitalism, and free trade agreements are a recipe for
slavery, and it's working. Buying USB drives on the Internet (my
previous links) vs. buying them at a retail store (your suggestion) only
affects the tail end of the supply chain. My not shopping at the dollar
store is too little, too late.

David