Re: [LAU] Mix feedback on a new track?

From: James Harkins <jamshark70@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 05 2014 - 11:29:11 EEST

On October 5, 2014 12:06:02 AM Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> It is hard for me to hear the over all mix on my netbook, the low end is
> basically missing. The high hat seems to stick out quite a bit.

I'd expect the effect to suffer somewhat on a notebook's internal speakers,
yes. The lack of bass could make the HH seem more overbearing than it
really is, but I'll check on other speakers myself. I might drop the level
a couple of dB.

> I do not know if this is good or bad, but, from a drummers POV, I would
> like to see some variation in the HH sound. For example on the beat where
> the HH and snare hit, a slightly open HH sound would be nice with a little
> bit of ring to it.

That's a fair comment, and something that's relatively easy to do with SC's
generative-music powers. I was going for a more mechanical sound in the
drums (it's a sampled 80s drum kit, calling old drum machines to mind), but
it may be more listener-friendly to spice up this element.

Thanks --
hjh

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com