Re: [LAU] Graphic card

From: David Christensen <dpchrist@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 26 2014 - 10:26:00 EET

On 12/25/2014 03:13 PM, Aurélien Leblond wrote:
> I was wondering if you guys would have a few advice for graphic card?
> My laptop blew up a few days ago, so I'm building a pc to replace it
> (haven't done that in years) - I'm not a gamer, the only things me and my
> wife are doing are music production and photo editing, only running Linux.

I also prefer the Intel processors with built-in video (Intel HD
Graphics). But beware:

1. Some chips (Atom?) have proprietary graphics without Linux support.

2. The newest chips require the newest kernel, X, and/or Intel graphics
driver, which might not be found in "stable" distributions.

Be sure to research the exact chip and FOSS distribution before you
purchase.

HTH,

David