Re: [LAU] ShowQ - "a QLAB for Linux"

From: Michael Jarosch <riotsound@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 09 2015 - 10:50:33 EEST

Am Donnerstag, den 04.06.2015, 14:19 +0100 schrieb Harry van Haaren:

> @Michael, I can't reproduce the "Save" crash, please test the code
> available on github, and let me know if this issue has been
> resolved[3].

Finally, time to check your changes...

First: Maybe you can't reproduce my problem because you didn't change
anything in the new session. I forgot to mention that in my bugreport.
If this step is necessary, then it should be done between "Start ShowQ"
and "Press 'Save'". F.e. dragging and dropping an audio file (wav, flac
or ogg) should do the trick.

Next: The bug seems to be fixed. At least I don't experience a crash
when saving. Thanks for that!
From a users point of view I would prefer two things to happen when
accidentally opening a disappeared session:

* More information about what is going on. If you start ShowQ from the
terminal you get this: "I/O warning : failed to load external entity
'/path/to/last/session'". Although this is quite technical it shoes at
least that something is wrong. A popup window saying: "Error loading
last session. Opening a new one." Would make that clear when not
starting from terminal.

* ShowQ should really behave like opening a new session when failing to
open the last one. This means f.e. pressing "save" the first time should
open the "save as"-dialog. (Don't know, if there are more things to care
about...)

Just a point of view to make it perfectly "fixed". I'm totally satisfied
with the work you've done, already, if you're saying you can't do any
more! :)

I guess I should tell Jaromír Mikeš about the "new" git-repository of
ShowQ, so the changes you made will finally get into debian?

Greets!
Mitsch