Re: [LAU] Interfacing an electric guitar

From: fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 19 2015 - 19:44:51 EEST

Of course the DIbox XLR output is used!

      De : Robert Edge <thumbknucklerocks@email-addr-hidden>
 À : fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Cc : "linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden" <linux-audio-user@email-addr-hiddeninuxaudio.org>
 Envoyé le : Dimanche 19 juillet 2015 18h13
 Objet : Re: [LAU] Interfacing an electric guitar

When going direct from guitar to computer you will want to be using the XLR inputs on the 1010LT, probably with the jumpers in the highest gain position.  The output of an electric guitar is quite low and you are going to lose even more with the insertion loss through the passive direct box.  I don't think it will drive the RCA jacks in a satisfactory manner. re using a guitar amp in the chain: I've never had much luck with the headphone jacks on.  If you have a line out or effects send they might be worth trying instead.