Re: [LAU] Did you know that...

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 26 2015 - 16:46:53 EEST

On 09/26/2015 09:22 AM, Christopher Arndt wrote:

> AFAICS, MicroSynths are just MDA's JX10 and and DX10 with new GUIs,
> though. I haven't tried them yet, so I'm not sure whether there are any
> changes to the synth engines as well (looking at the screen shots, it
> doesn't seem so).
>
> The MDA synths are available as Linux LV2 plugins here:
>
> http://drobilla.net/software/mda-lv2/

That's correct. I'm not entirely pleased with Tracktion's
implementation, it seems to me they missed some opportunities in the
GUIs. There's no master output, the envelopes are not directly editable,
and there are no on-board effects. I think they could have made a few
usability improvements that might make stronger selling points for the
synths. Sound-wise, I can't tell a difference between the GUI-less
versions and Tracktion's, so about all you're getting is visual feedback
for the envelope breakpoint curves. Which was worth the $15 they cost
when on sale. :)

Best,

dp