Re: [LAU] send a midi CC signal to my midi controller from bash

From: Athanasios Silis <athanasios.silis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 13 2015 - 14:05:35 EEST

thank you Ralph, i'll look into it.

I took a midi dump (through arecordmidi) from my BCR2000 controller and
realised while reading the midi file that 2 byte values are stored locally
in a midi file lsb first. This is opposite to what I see here
http://www.somascape.org/midi/tech/mfile.html#midi . for example the midi
*MThd* : Header chunk, was written in the midi file as 54 4D 64 68 . and
chunklen as 00 00 06 00 . So this is one thing that I should keep in mind
when I send hex numbers.

also based on your analysis, can I just forget about all those headers when
I send a midi cc command? can I just send the midi even directly?

yes writing a function is not too hard = i do work in low lelvel
programming after all, biut I dunno if by mistake I send some cmd that can
fuck up the controller :)