Re: [LAU] Jack hanging when a usb soundcard is disconnected

From: Ivica Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 18 2015 - 04:21:58 EEST

The process in question is jackd, and once this stuck state is reached one
cannot even start a new instance of jack which leads me to believe this is
a jack issue, particularly considering this is not a problem on Ubuntu
12.04 where you could still kill the process under these circumstances,
even though I still don't think allowing jack to get stuck like this is the
best approach to dealing with an issue like this, however unlikely it may
be. Now, it may be a case of bad packaging or some out-of-date version,
but given the circumstances I'm not convinced this is an alsa issue at this
point in time.

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Associate Professor