Re: [LAU] Jack hanging when a usb soundcard is disconnected

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 18 2015 - 12:27:39 EEST

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 09:21:58PM -0400, Ivica Bukvic wrote:

> The process in question is jackd, and once this stuck state is reached one
> cannot even start a new instance of jack which leads me to believe this is
> a jack issue,

If a process can't be killed it must be stuck somewhere in
kernel/driver space where signals can't reach it (they will
be checked on return to user space). Since Jack has no kernel
space code itself, it would seem the problem is not within
Jack.

Anayway this is easy to test: instead of Jack, run e.g.
jaaa -A on the same USB device and then unplug it.

Another simple test: when Jack is stuck by unplugging
the USB device can you run Jack using another device
(and using a different server name of course) ?

Ciao,

--
FA