Re: [LAU] Boss BR-80 (SD card question)

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 23 2015 - 12:22:14 EEST

Am 23.10.2015 um 11:06 schrieb Michael Nelson:
> That is of no use to me. I don't even know what filesystem is on the SD
> card.
>
> Does anyone have one of these? Could someone shed some light on this for
> me?

The BR-80 Wave Converter (BRWC) for Windows runs under Wine without any
problems. I use it with my older BR-600 all the time (the program is the
same for all recent BR models).

http://roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=BR-80&id=62121891

These devices use a normal FAT file system with a ROLAND folder on them,
which contains a folder for every song. This folder contains several
files in propriatary formats with the song meta data, effects presets.
etc and the actual sound data. This latter is encoded in some
Roland-specific format too. But BRWC can convert this into WAV or AIFF.

Chris