Re: [LAU] Migrating from Garage Band to Free Software: Choices?

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 27 2015 - 14:15:52 EET

On 10/27/2015 06:23 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On 27.10.2015, at 06:16, Luigino Bracci <lbracci@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
> Resume: If you want to play hobby music in the style of other artists some software tools make it easy to do so, but you never will find your individual style. If you want to make art, you have to find your own sound, this is time consuming and comes with a long learning curve, you can't do it as easy as playing hobby music.

Simply amazing that the likes of Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Berlioz,
Chopin, Rosini, Paganini, Liszt, Brahms and numerous others (including
myself) spanning 2 centuries used the same counterpoint "tool"[1] to
learn and yet somehow managed to develop their own individual style. Of
course, we look back on history and study the influence such a treatise
had on their style but I don't think you will find anyone claiming each
wasn't individual.

A tool is a tool. It doesn't create, hamper or destroy artistry.

David

[1] Gradus Ad Parnassum, Johann Joseph Fux