Re: [LAU] Migrating from Garage Band to Free Software: Choices?

From: David Santamauro <david.santamauro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 27 2015 - 16:34:48 EET

On 10/27/2015 09:51 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 08:15:52 -0400, David Santamauro wrote:
>> On 10/27/2015 06:23 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>> Resume: If you want to play hobby music in the style of other
>>> artists some software tools make it easy to do so, but you never
>>> will find your individual style. If you want to make art, you have
>>> to find your own sound, this is time consuming and comes with a long
>>> learning curve, you can't do it as easy as playing hobby music.
>>
>> Simply amazing that the likes of Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Berlioz,
>> Chopin, Rosini, Paganini, Liszt, Brahms and numerous others (including
>> myself) spanning 2 centuries used the same counterpoint "tool"
>
> To bad that you didn't quote me correctly.

I quoted the statement I wanted to respond to -- in its entirety, please
re-read it. I didn't and don't want to comment on any other points you
made. If you would like to respond to my metaphor concerning tools,
mimicry and artistry, please do. If you want to question my use of the
metaphor, contact me off list. There's no sense polluting this thread
more than I already have ... my off-topic quota is almost full for this
year :D