Re: [LAU] Ardour4 and named jack?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 04 2015 - 23:09:27 EET

On Wed, Nov 04, 2015 at 12:43:12PM -0800, Len Ovens wrote:

> I think the reference was to qjackctl and not jack itself. The GUI
> can only run one instance of jack anyway (and one instance of
> itself).

Qjackctl defeats any sort of logic and common sense, but that's
no reason to cripple Ardour as well.

> Running two jacks generally means at least one from CLI
> which is where server naming makes sense. Also, more than one jack,
> although useful where needed, is generally not for casual/first time
> use. It takes some understanding beyond point and click.

Again that's no good reason to make running Ardour with any
non-default server impossible.

The whole new startup logic in Ardour4 is IMHO a big regression.
Probably meant to be 'user friendly' but the effect is the
opposite.

Ciao,

--
FA