Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux - Désert (zynadd, amsynth, seq24 and a few ladspa... plus M$)

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 10 2015 - 12:26:34 EET

Hey!

I did not like the drums in the beginning, in the middle of the tune it was
more in context.

The astronaut vocal is way too loud and intrusive. Also, these voice
recordings are way too harsh and not only I would make them at least 50%
more quiet, I would dull them a bit and take out the harsh high frequencies.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Benoît Rouits <brouits@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Good evening list,
>
> Again, i would like to share with you a space/ambient piece composed under
> Linux, but also which a friend of mine collaborated to, with percussive
> sound effects she made on a M$ OS with some idontknowwhatsoftware®. It was
> made last year, but i think i did not mention it on the list, until now.
>
> This was my first collaborative experience and i liked it, we made 3
> version, but this one is my preferred [1].
>
> The body of this piece [2] is very simple:
> seq24 controlling 2 voices (3 in fact): one is zyn on the bass (plus some
> bleeps), and the second is a custom amsynth patch (the lead voice).
>
> All that recorded with timemachine, then edited with audacity to add the
> percussive effects my friend made. Then i overdubbed it with an edited
> recording of a Mercury7 mission voice from the NASA (freely available on
> archive.org [*]).
>
> [1] the full version:
> https://soundcloud.com/brouits/d-sert-nina-kardec-collab
>
> [2] the vanilla seq24/zyn/ams version:
> https://soundcloud.com/brouits/desert-second-take
>
> [*] Scott Carpenter voice only:
> https://ia801408.us.archive.org/28/items/Mercury7/462-AAG.flac
>
> Hope you will enjoy it, with big loudspeakers (some sounds are very low
> and at low frequencies).
>
> This piece yields me to a question: where does the musical discourse lie
> between the synth sounds and the astronaut's voice ?
>
> Cheers,
> - Ben

Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/