Re: [LAU] Qtractor vs. dssi-vst?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 22 2015 - 17:51:56 EET

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 18:07:30 +0800
James Harkins <jamshark70@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I read on some sites that it should be possible to use VST plugins
> with Qtractor by way of dssi.
>
> On my system, Qtractor depends on liblo7 and dssi-vst:i386 depends in
> liblo7:i386. If I install dssi-vst:i386, I cannot install Qtractor.
> If I then try to install Qtractor after that, it will uninstall
> dssi-vst:i386.

I've seen something similar. In which installing a dssi-vst or a
package needed, resulted in removing jamin. A colleague fixed that one
and submitted a patch upstream. The problem was that a package was not
built with the multiarch approach.

Found the LAU post in which I reported that:

  Subject: Re: [LAU] Korg microStation editor and Wine
  Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 18:49:21 -0500

  "Update. The liblo7 package was not built for multi-arch and that
  created the problem for which jamin (64 bits) had to be uninstalled
  when installing dssi-vst:386. A colleague fixed it and submitted a
  patch upstream Debian for the liblo7 package."

I guess upstream Debian never took the patch. Rebuilding the package
with multiarch certainly solved gracefully the problem.