Re: [LAU] Jack sample-rate

From: Wenger Peter <wenger.peter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 13 2015 - 16:53:25 EET

Am 12.12.2015 um 16:54 schrieb Len Ovens:
> On Sat, 12 Dec 2015, Will Godfrey wrote:
>
>> Also, as the OP is wanting this for DJ work wouldn't it be simpler to
>> accept
>> some additional latency and pass the offending tracks through a 'live'
>> samplerate converter?
>
> Considering that the broadcast community expects to resample and uses HW
> resample to do so, yes, that is the obvious answer. I find it hard to
> think of a DJ situation where anyone would be able to hear any
> difference. I don't think there would be any difference in an audiophile
> situation for that matter... I am not sure why a DJ would waste space on
> a drive to use 96k material in any case. Certainly the playback
> equipment will not show any difference... except maybe bad. Probably
> Neil Young DVDs.
>
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.ovenwerks.net

Thanks to the group for the answers.
I think y have to explain my intentions:
I am a Tango-DJ in germany. Now there is a strong trend to play tracks
in the highest possible quality. There are sellers of new masterd peaces
from shellacs in flac 24/96k sampled.
http://www.tangotunes.com/orquestas/juan-d-arienzo.html?tt_filtertype=509
The DJ's like to play it bit-precise. They invest a lot of money to do
so. They use Windos or OSX apple. As a linux enthusiast I would like to
say to them, it is possible in Linux also. They do not want to discuss
if sombody can hear it, they only will do it with the highest quality as
possible.
Most of them have tracks from CD rippt with 44,1k and Flacs 24/96k.
At the moment I think its not possible with Jack and Jack-Clients like
Calf-studio-gear. I did it with master-switch, it works but
calf-studio-gear-euqualizer will be stoppt and I have to start it new.
It takes to long in Tango Event to switch from 44,1k to 96k and 15min.
later back to 44.1k.
It is sad, but what can I do.
PeterW