Re: [LAU] which lau distro is more commandline friendly?

From: Karen Lewellen <klewellen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 22 2015 - 04:16:15 EET

Actually...someone else started a synthesizer discussion, some effort to
recruit my help doing things that have nothing whatsoever to do with how I
use a computer.
I do not have a Linux box at all yet, No talent in Toronto so far for
the help....which is why there is a Linux audio distribution discussion
happening on the gTA Lug list right now, so I can choose from an informed
position. Regardless, based on what I do with my main computer, the box
will be firmly run via ssh TELNET.
No thoughts between those specific professional audio distributions?
If they are interchangeable, then I may seek out avlinux since my
understanding is it is Debian based.
I wanted to keep squeeze because I have a full set of discs for it, but
the Latency discussion has me wondering since low latency Kernels are a
must, at least for me, where the pro audio work is concerned.
Kare