Re: [LAU] Second solstice EP from metal band Seed of Heresy

From: Bent Bisballe Nyeng <deva@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 23 2015 - 13:54:05 EET

On 12/23/15 11:50, Philip Yassin wrote:
> Wow! I mean WOW!
>
> Super cool EP, and thanks a lot for offering it for free! Quite
> magnificent, actually.
> I was deep into the scene (as a listener mainly) in the 90s and this
> sounds better than most Darkthrone albums :)
> You really must put more attention to the caring of your audio files:
> Prefix the file name w/ the track number, and put that in the tags too
> (any decent audio player allows tagging now) because right now only the
> artist, song name and playtime (obviously) are available, this is simply
> unacceptable, people will hate this, trust me. BTW, what is the name of
> this opus? And on the web site, the other album, is this the same? Maybe
> this is an elaborate plan to confuse the listener...? :)
>
> Apart from that, I have no words to thank you enough for this release.
> This is a REALLY good album, I love it, I put it again when it ended ;
> You drumming is indeed /very/ impressive, this is very good... I like
> how everything blends in, this is very melodic, very harmonic, very
> dense. Rest assured I'm going to share this
> <https://twitter.com/xaccrocheur/status/679614057419243521> like it's hot.
>
> I like the "see/hear no evil" at the bottom of the page... May peace be
> with us all.
>
> Phil

Hi Phil

Thank you very much for your feedback :-)

Regarding the tagging of our song; it is in fact quite deliberate that
we do not tag them with track numbers because we intentionally haven't
made a play order for them.
The same goes for the the (lack of) album titles.
As with the rest of our concept (using libre tools and releasing under a
CC license) it is a kind of experiment where we do not release albums as
such, but rather bundled singular songs that is not to be put into an
album context.
Taking this approach to an exptreme we would only release a single song
at a time three times a year or so... but I guess we'll get to that.

I know it is confusing to most people, but we our intention is that we
want to challenge the way people listen to/use music and put focus on
the singular compositions.

I hope this makes some kind of sense ;)

Kind regards
Bent Bisballe Nyeng