Re: [LAU] which lau distro is more commandline friendly?

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 28 2015 - 12:40:39 EET

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 20:53:24 -0500 (EST)
Karen Lewellen <klewellen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Your tools are terrific for my goals, and you provide manuals
> for learning.

This is all so unclear that I had to look him up to see what you're
talking about. Joel is at the Debian QA.

> Shellworld is a comparative Unix based command line.

That one was harder to find. It looks like it is an interface of
sorts for bacula, maybe dating from 2001. Then again, in looking it up
one finds some of your recent posts in the Blind Linux (BLinux) mailing
list.

So after all when you replied abruptly after I have suggested
advice from an experienced person I remembered in this context (to which
she has graciously replied), there was no fault at all.

Then again it is, say, strange that at shellworld.net, when clicking on
the blog link, a browser dialog box appears warning the user that an
application is about to be opened. To which the user presses Cancel,
of course. Javascript should probably remain disabled when visiting
that page.

I'm afraid not everyone lives in the Shire and knows the neighbour Bob
and the other guy down the road. Clarity and conciseness are
important, even if it seems that focusing on these leaves behind
important life matters.