Re: [LAU] MIDI over wifi on Linux, revisited

From: Mac <ussndmac@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 04 2016 - 15:00:53 EET

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 08:33:58 -0600
> From: "Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@email-addr-hidden>
> To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
> Subject: Re: [LAU] MIDI over wifi on Linux, revisited
>

> <snip>

This is just a curious question from me on this topic.

I work in a theater that has a really crowded wifi spectrum and the
building is essentially a big metal box.

This includes a generic wifi node, all the wifi on the audience cell
phones, 2.4GHz body packs, and 2.4GHz crew comm.

We have noticeable dropout issues all the time.

I be afraid to run my MIDI over wifi...

PS: If anyone has a good solution to this sort of crowding, I'd love to
hear it. The best we've come up with is to disconnect the wifi node and
plead with the audience to use airplane mode. (moving the directional
antennas for the body packs helped for them, but still didn't completely
alleviate the issue.)

Regards,
Mac