Re: [LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2016 - 17:06:30 EET

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> I see. I will experiment further. The sound card DAC levels are at
> 0dB. Set by the mudita24 utility for the 1010LT card. One thing you
> mentioned is to lower down the volume after an export with
> normalization, whereas I expected to be the same as what I have mixed.

Looking at the 1010LT manual, I see that the jumpers are only for the two
XLR connectors to set them Mic (-50ish) or line (+4). The manual then say
that the i/o level can be set in the control panel (windows/OSx) to line,
consumer or -10... that is +4, -4 or -10. I see that mudita24 does not
have these settings and so would assume 0db = +4db out... which is
definately too much for anything that likes to connect to the RCA jacks
the LT comes with. You should probably be running your DAC levels at -12
or -14 if you are using -10 amplification for monitoring.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net