Re: [LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2016 - 18:10:11 EET

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 07:28:58 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Having said all this. I personally wonder (yes I invite comments)
> about the future of jackd (both 1 and 2). All our software is pushed
> by personal itch and it seems to me that there is little if any
> personal itch left in the jackd development camp. Plugins and
> internal routing are making jackd less useful in some cases... but
> there is still a lot of SW that depends on jack for it's use.

I am not so sure that this relates strictly to jackd... I certainly
like the capability of routing any ports to any other using qjackctl.
Recently I have found out that Renoise for instance can create any
number of output ports. So if there are 12 tracks in Renoise, it is
possible to map these tracks individually to Ardour for mixdown and
further processing. I do not know if the same flexibility would be
available when running ALSA only.