Re: [LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2016 - 18:21:39 EET

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 07:28:58 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Having said all this. I personally wonder (yes I invite comments) about
> the future of jackd (both 1 and 2). All our software is pushed by personal
> itch and it seems to me that there is little if any personal itch left in
> the jackd development camp. Plugins and internal routing are making jackd
> less useful in some cases... but there is still a lot of SW that depends
> on jack for it's use.
>
> --
> Len Ovens
> www.ovenwerks.net

This is rather like the home audio argument: all-in-one or separates.

Personally, I go for the separates every time. You have far more flexibility
and are not constrained to what the maker supports.

I'm rather of the opinion that you can also have a much leaner operation. Do
you want a Swiss army knife, or a precision tool?

I've no doubt others will disagree :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk