Re: [LAU] Ardour: exporting woes

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 24 2016 - 18:32:07 EET

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:06:30 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Looking at the 1010LT manual, I see that the jumpers are only for the
> two XLR connectors to set them Mic (-50ish) or line (+4). The manual
> then say that the i/o level can be set in the control panel
> (windows/OSx) to line, consumer or -10... that is +4, -4 or -10. I
> see that mudita24 does not have these settings and so would assume
> 0db = +4db out... which is definately too much for anything that
> likes to connect to the RCA jacks the LT comes with. You should
> probably be running your DAC levels at -12 or -14 if you are using
> -10 amplification for monitoring.

Thanks for the comment. This aspect is very interesting. The only
Pro/Consumer settings are seemingly for S/PDIF configuration.

The monitor setting in Ardour is at 0.0dB. This way I figured what is
heard is what the master bus fader is at, and not adding any other
amplitude modification. Since it is likely that the DAC is set at
+4dB, wouldn't this mean that a 1010LT fader compensation of -4dB would
be sufficient to bring the default out at 0dB ?