[LAU] Why people discuss and debate on this mailing list [WAS]: Re: [Bulk] Re: Tilt EQ

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 05 2016 - 13:09:16 EEST

Hi Alessio,

[... many emails with various disquisition and debate about a "Tilt EQ" ]

> Yes... all of the things you mentioned are correct and are perfectly
> clear to me, you don't need to explain further.
> I just don't understand why you have to explain those things :)

Keep in mind this is no 'customer-support' or similar platform. It is a
users' mailing list ;)

As much as it might sometimes be frustrating not to get a
straightforward answer on this mailing list (in your case "No there is
no native LADSPA/LV2 "Tilt EQ" plug-in for Linux"), people often go
beyond the original request/issue and offer workarounds, equivalent
suggestions, technical discussions, ...

IMHO, although maybe sometimes lengthy or with a tendency to off-topic
drifts, these discussions are overall an enrichment and interesting
aspect of the mailing list. After all you can easily skip messages
you're not interested in (with decent email clients).

Not to mention that all of the discussions (which are archived and
publicly available) might be useful for 'further generations'. :)

Lorenzo.