Re: [LAU] Why people discuss and debate on this mailing list [WAS]: Re: [Bulk] Re: Tilt EQ

From: Alessio Degani <alessio.degani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 05 2016 - 13:47:51 EEST

Hi Lorenzo,

On 05/05/2016 12:09, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> Hi Alessio,
>
> [... many emails with various disquisition and debate about a "Tilt EQ" ]
>
>> Yes... all of the things you mentioned are correct and are perfectly
>> clear to me, you don't need to explain further.
>> I just don't understand why you have to explain those things :)
>
> Keep in mind this is no 'customer-support' or similar platform. It is
> a users' mailing list ;)
Of course :)

> As much as it might sometimes be frustrating not to get a
> straightforward answer on this mailing list (in your case "No there is
> no native LADSPA/LV2 "Tilt EQ" plug-in for Linux"), people often go
> beyond the original request/issue and offer workarounds, equivalent
> suggestions, technical discussions, ...
The first answer was: "use VST" :) so, to me it was clear hehehe

> IMHO, although maybe sometimes lengthy or with a tendency to off-topic
> drifts, these discussions are overall an enrichment and interesting
> aspect of the mailing list. After all you can easily skip messages
> you're not interested in (with decent email clients).
I'm agree with you. My "concern" was not about the off-topic drift (that
sometimes can be usefull for the community), but was about the 4 or 5
post with the same content. Maybe, Ralf was a little too worried about
his written english, but he needs to not worry about this: it was clear :)

> Not to mention that all of the discussions (which are archived and
> publicly available) might be useful for 'further generations'. :)
>
> Lorenzo.

a.