Re: [LAU] html5 in ff through jack

From: <hollundertee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 15 2016 - 16:02:18 EEST

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:18:05 +0200
Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 06/15/2016 10:00 AM, Peter P. wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I have been search the archives and the web a bit and it seems
> > there is no easy way to route html5 audio playback from firefox
> > through jack on Debian testing.
>
> Wait for another week or three.
>
> Firefox/git features native JACK input & output since last week.
> Largely thanks to Damien Zammit.
>

> Cheers!
> robin

This is barely believable. My experience so far was that browsers allow
practically no user control over audio whatsoever.
Given that browsers nowadays are audio/video players, game engines and
whatnot this is ridiculuous, but also understandable, since browsers
are supposed to be everything but the kitchen sink (or "die eierlegende
Wollmilchsau" to use this wonderful German term.
Web browsers are the very definition of scope creep.
You can't expect those things to do everything or anything properly.

In which ff version is it supposed to be available? I will try it but I
won't hold my breath.

Regards,
Philipp