Re: [LAU] [Music] Sans titre - Without title

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 16 2016 - 04:12:03 EEST

On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:41:20 -0700 (PDT)
Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2016, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>
> > #Events #News
> >
> > https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/sanstitre

> Almost steps out of "Ambiance" though I think sound track (as was
> mentioned) comes pretty close. Lots to keep the mind going, nice. The
> only thing I would change is the ending which could be a little more
> dramatic. Though in a real film it would probably get cut off with a
> scene change.

I have a hard time with predefined tags. Thanks for the comment. The
ending is indeed rushed.

Regarding the previous discussion on preamp, is it possible to
summarize that in this case, with the 1010LT card, the (ART MPAII)
preamp would raise, bring focus to the sounds captured by the mic over
the noise level ? I had to fade down at the end the piece mentioned in
that discussion because the noise level became so apparent as the
acoustic guitar sounds faded that it was an incompatible artistic
statement. If a preamp actually raises the sound of the instrument
well above the noise level, then I'm sold. The MPA II claims 75dB.

Cheers.