[LAU] Replacement for a 1010LT

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 26 2016 - 12:23:04 EEST

Hi all,

What's there on the market nowadays that works very well in Linux ?

I use many in/out lines on the 1010LT. I use 5 line outs, 4 line
ins, 2 XLR ins. I find it practical not having to re-connect things.
Nice for recording. And also, not needing extra hardware to connect
many lines to an interface limited in I/O is good.

The replacement audio card should have a good number of I/o lines, as
well as XLR inputs.

Just got recently an ART MPA II pre-amp which I'm slowly exploring. So
phantom power from an audio interface is not a criteria.

Browsing the M-Audio site, the M-Track Eight rack mount USB unit might
be something along those lines, although since I also have things
connected to the 3 USB ports, I would tend to prefer one that does not
use USB. Also, it sounds like it comes with controlling software that
could be not available on Linux, or available with limited
capabilities. Some for the Octane Preamp Technology M-Audio is
boasting about that interface: not needed. I'd prefer putting money
into the interface itself.

The other offerings from M-Audio are those rather limited-looking
interfaces with a big knob sitting on top.

I do not know of any other serious audio interfaces out there -
suggestions and comments are welcomed !

Cheers.