Re: [LAU] Replacement for a 1010LT

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 27 2016 - 02:46:53 EEST

On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 01:15:42 +0200
William Light <wrl@illest.net> wrote:

> Unrelated, but consider replacing the tubes in that MPA. I swapped the
> stock (unbranded) tubes in mine with a set of JJ 12AX7 and it improved
> the sound markedly. Cheap upgrade, too: the JJ tubes ran me about €12
> apiece.

Thanks. Will consider it.

Are the VU meters supposed to move ? I mean, I use an AT2050, phantom
power switched on, everything else normal, and with an acoustic guitar,
although the sound is OK I find, the VU meters do not move. Much less
the 'tube' meters. I can make them move if I sing gvery close to the
mic. Also, with the 1010LT card I set the output (at the back) at
-10dBV. I assume the jumpers ont he 10101LT are at the default
position.

> On the subject of the audio interfaces, I've been having an excellent
> time with an RME Multiface + the HDSP PCI card. Can be had on ebay
> for a couple hundred and well worth it. It's getting on there in
> years, but it's aged wonderfully, and it has 8 channels of ADAT
> optical i/o if you want to add more channels in the future (which I
> did).

Thanks, will read about it.

Cheers.