Re: [LAU] yoshimi, zyn and Ardour

From: Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 18 2016 - 12:04:59 EEST

On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 20:01:57 -1000
david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 09/17/2016 09:34 AM, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 08:46:04 -1000
> > David Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> I think both need a UI overhaul. ;)
> >
> > Yes, there's something clunky with it. It would be nice for starters
> > if everything was inside one window, like all (commercially available
> > on Linux) synths. It feels much better than tracking different windows.
>
> I like the multiple windows. It's a very Linux way of doing things. I
> hate trying to crowd everything into one window where I can't see two
> different windows of the UI at the same time.

This is also my preference for almost everything. With most apps I keep the
'home' window pinned for all screens and spread the others across all four. It
makes for a very uncluttered workplace with no distractions and everything in
context. Whoever thought that a tabbed filer window was a good idea can't make
much use of them :(

As I've said elsewhere, another thing that puts me off is this obsession with
shades of ... black! I'm reminded of Zaphod Beebelbrox's complaint about the
Heart of Gold ship's computer. "It's a black computer with a black screen and
black text on it. I can't even tell if it's working because it has a black
light."

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk