Re: [LAU] How to compile Yoshimi

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 18 2016 - 18:34:22 EEST

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 07:56:47 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 19:24:11 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
> >Here in Yoshimi land we say try both and see what you prefer. I know
> >of some people who maintain both for different workflows.

> An important tip for the OP, if they should sound different, when
> using the same sounds, compare the interpolation chosen by the
> settings.

That might be useful to know, to compare precisely. Although before
doing so there are many mix considerations to take care of on one side,
and on the other side, zyn has a repeated tendency of stalling Ardour
(Mixbus 32C) for seconds that borders on not being usable. At least I
have to do more 'test' sessions before attempting to use it in a
real project.

It is as if zyn is taking Ardour for discussions at the Jackd National
Assembly. Only when they settle can Ardour actually come back to work,
showing signs of life to the user.