Re: [LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2016 - 20:41:50 EEST

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 18:54:33 +0200, Tito Latini wrote:
>> For deep learning, the analysis tool itself would be the DAW in this
>> case which has context: All tracks, random data access, and it can
>> control the plugins.
>
>I think a robot that controls a DAW is an alternative and simplest
>solution to avoid a complex DAW

It could be useful, for somebody who might be a good musician and
spending the time with making music, but not with mixing the music. I
can't play drums, but can play guitar, a drum computer could be
helpful. We could have friends, but don't need to have a friend able to
play drums. There's nothing wrong with this. However, the main goal of
audio software should provide tools to make and mix music, but keeps
artistic experience in the hands of the users.

Replacing an orchestra by a computer allows those who can't pay an
orchestra and the room for the orchestra, to hear their compositions
for orchestra, more or less close to a real orchestra.

Others might have the money to pay for the orchestra and the location,
but can't compose for an orchestra. On the one hand nothing is speaking
against a tool that helps a musician able to compose for a band, to
rewrite the score for an orchestra ... _but_ ...

IMO fist of all we should focus on tools that help us to compose and
accomplish our own ideas, without assistance in artistic experience.

The purpose of analysing recordings to assist in doing the mix, seems
not that much needed as other helpers.

Regards,
Ralf