Re: [LAU] Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 01 2016 - 16:36:26 EET

On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 15:20:09 +0100
Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> What's wrong with interest applied? I understand that many people
> believe interest to be "unfair", but usually it is because people
> don't understand the economics of it. Interest is a tool, just like a
> price. It is a price for future money. Price can be unfair sometimes,
> but price as a concept is not. Interest in itself is also not unfair.
>
> This interest doesn't always happen, actually. No interest with debit
> cards, no interest on credit cards if you return money quickly.

Yes. It is rather about the principle in itself. When does it come to
be usury ? In other words, taking advantage of someone who has
misfortune. No need to be christian or muslim, this goes back to
ancient India. At a larger level, with countries, it becomes in some
cases a form of colonization. Much can be said about this, but by far
it exceeds the context of this mailing list.

--
NP: "L'autore del futuro" - Deux ex Machina - live October 2016
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-1gihsMiKc