Re: [LAU] New Music: Five of Cups

From: Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2016 - 11:09:50 EET

On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 01:28:10PM -0500, jonetsu wrote:
> Since there were some comments about 'prog rock', I would like to
> mention that the style is not limited to a few typical, if not
> overdone, musical expressions. Progressive rock encompasses much more

Agreed. For me it's the "anything else" category for stuff that doesn't
fit neatly into the more strict genres. It's certainly a label that puts
a lot of people off but I figure that labels only get you so far. In the
end, the only way to understand music is to listen to it and see whether
it floats your boat.

bjb