Re: [LAU] USB MIDI controller

From: Maurizio Berti <maurizio.berti@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2016 - 20:22:09 EET

Be careful with USB/Midi interfaces, some of them have issues, expecially
when dealing with sysex messages.
I had a cheap chinese usb/midi adapter and I had troubles sending and
receiving events for an Alesis Micron, then I had to use another device to
be able to use it as I needed.

> On 11 December 2016 at 20:38, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend one of these that's reasonably small and robust -
> not
> > requiring a second mortgage!
> >
> > I don't want keys, but programmable push buttons and sliders/knobs. A
> joystick
> > would be icing on the cake.
>
> As you've got a UK email, if you can find one secondhand I'd recommend
> a Kenton Control Freak. Not USB, but fine with a USB<>MIDI interface.
> If you want robust, you can't beat it - I've had an SE version over 15
> years - been through the wars and still going strong.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Neil
>
> --
> Neil C Smith
> Artist & Technologist
> www.neilcsmith.net
>
> Praxis LIVE - hybrid visual IDE for creative coding - www.praxislive.org

È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi
http://www.jidesk.net