Re: [LAU] Waldorf Blofeld editor

From: Alexandre DENIS <contact@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2017 - 19:26:36 EET

On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:32:14 +0100
Maurizio Berti <maurizio.berti@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
> In the last weeks I've been working on an editor and librarian for the
> Waldorf Blofeld synthesizer, since I wasn't satisfied enough with the
> alternatives.
> It's still a work in progress (the librarian doesn't allow actual
> reordering yet, arpeggiator editor and mod matrix are still missing),
> but it already allows sound dumping from the Blofeld and parameter
> editing for almost everything. It also features a virtual keyboard to
> test sounds directly from the interface.
>
> Here you can see a screenshot for the editor (that can be opened with
> a right click on a sound in the librarian window):
>
> https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/523596/23169061/a8af598c-f84a-11e6-88eb-71d16c906ee8.jpg
>
> I created a set of custom widgets (since the standard ones depend too
> much on the system themeing, and they miss some important things I
> needed) and this should grant consistency for the interface.
>
> If you are interested in testing it, you can find it here:
>
> https://github.com/MaurizioB/Bigglesworth
>
> It requires PyQt4 and pyalsa, and it's written in Python 2.7.
>
> Any comment is appreciated..
>
> Cheers!

Hi,

That's great! I bought MonstrumFeld and was never able to make it work
correctly. Your Biggleworth works fine here. I am looking forward for
the modulation matrix support! (where the real strength of the Blofeld
resides)

Just a few remarks. The display on top in Patch Editor is a little bit
cropped. I can see only half of the "Status:" line. I am using a 120dpi
display, if it helps. It happens even in full screen at 2560x1440,
which should be enough. Second remark: why PyQt4 and Python 2.7?
Wouldn't PyQt5 and Python 3.x be more future-proof?

But anyway, even at this preliminary stage, it works better than
MonstrumFeld.

-a.