Re: [LAU] #stream2own

From: Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2017 - 10:31:13 EEST

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:46:09PM +0200, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Some of you might be interested in a new distribution system for your
> music based on the #stream2own mechanism.

I don't know how well it will work out but I've signed up. I share people's
feeling that monetising music is very hard these days. That said, the big
players have once again managed to structure the market so that they get
the lion's share of what money is available and the artists themselves
either get the crumbs or effectively become invisible because of the effect
of iTunes, Spotify et al having such critcial mass. Anything that tries to
lay siege to those walled markets deserves support.

I've put four tracks from my latest album up there and will see how it goes.

https://resonate.is/profile/1626/

Ben