Re: [LAU] #stream2own

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2017 - 18:54:20 EEST

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 11:23:36 +0200
Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Things are not necessarily that bad. I can say, for example, that my
> experience with Bandcamp is extremely positive. Without being a known
> musician I am generating some nice pocket money. My Paypal typically
> has over 100-150 EUR, all thanks to purchases of my music by people on
> Bandcamp. The stream of purchases is not too thick, but yet constant.

Now this is a good feedback.

The blurb from resonate is 20,000 sales = 356 EUR. By this, you would
have approx. 10,000 sales.

What was your (approx.) total sales so far ?

> Here is an example of an established artist. Note the endlessness of
> purchases.
> https://carbonbasedlifeforms.bandcamp.com/album/world-of-sleepers

Carbon Based Lifeforms are interesting. I've listen to them a few
times on youtube. Goes to show, people are still buying even if the
music is there for free on youtube. This is very good, as people show
appreciation.

> However, nobody will do your promotion for you. So just putting out
> tracks and then doing nothing will not bring any audiences. This
> latter point is key and I can talk a lot about that. Putting out your
> music is just the beginning.

It would be nice to talk about this right here.

> So, people complain about not being able to sell anything, but it is
> always more than just the music. It is about promotion, it is about
> making your music bigger than just a bunch of tracks. Presentation
> and promotion matter very-very much.

Yes. Coming up with a 'brand' so to speak. Something that's
identifiable. A direction. This is what it's about, that
artist/music/album is about that, at least at the moment.