Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Mix

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Mix
From: Nicola Bernardini (nicb_AT_axnet.it)
Date: ti elo    17 1999 - 17:25:06 EDT

Today, Adam Zygmunt mi scrisse cio` che segue:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Dave Phillips wrote:
>
> I realize this was discussed a little while back, but what version of
> lesstif is best for Mix? I've tried .87 so far, and although it compiles
> fine, the display was kind of screwed. Everything was crammed on the left
> side, with lots of blank on the right. Not to mention the lesstif file
> browser was as tricky as always (i.e. not quite resizing itself properly,
> needs REALLY FAST double-clicks, and so on). I wasn't able to play back
> anything, either, but then I probably just didn't have something checked.
> By the way, how does mix handle stereo files? The bussing for that on

Did you put the Mix app-defaults file in the /usr/X11/lib/X11/app-defaults
directory? I tried first without it and it gave exactly the same behaviour
that you describe. After putting it there behaviour was much better.
Another question I have is: is Mix supposed to work in real time or,
as far as I could see, it mixes offline (which is fine with me)?

[snip]
> By the way, does mix allow one to cue up the various audio files at
> different times, or do they all start at once? Sorry if this is a stupid
> question, but I haven't had much luck getting it to run properly. Looks
> quite a bit more useful than it did a few months ago, though.

no. If you click on the track a dialog box comes up and you can select
the starting time.

ciao

Nicola

Nicola Bernardini
E-mail: nicb_AT_axnet.it

Re graphics: A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those to describe
the picture. Hardly any sets of 10K words can be adequately described
with pictures.