Re: [linux-audio-dev] convolution reverb ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] convolution reverb ?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: ti elo    24 1999 - 13:25:49 EDT

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> at a workshop (see below) i learned about a concept called
> convolution. [snip]
>
> does anyone know about linux implementations of this concept ?
> the algorithm doesn´t appear too complicated, it seems it´s all
> about cpu-time.

Csound does pretty decent convolution, and my Csound Resources page
lists some sources for impulse response files. You do have to be careful
about amplitudes, but yes, the results are worth the time waiting.
Convolution seems a bit beyond realtime at this point, at least for my
machine. Does anyone know of research or implementation of realtime
audio convolution ?

Finally, there's a good explanation of it (with source code) in F.R.
Moore's "Elements Of Computer Music".

The Linux Csound/Csound Resources page is located at:

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linux_csound.html

Lots of great stuff listed here, and it has been updated as of this
morning.

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
   http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/Linux-soundapp/linux_soundapps.html