Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux audio demonstrability: NOT!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux audio demonstrability: NOT!
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: to syys   30 1999 - 02:35:30 EDT

David Slomin wrote:
> (snip) when 16 channel, 96 bit, 48 kHz cards are as common,
> well-supported, and inexpensive as Sound Blasters are today.

Let's hope they aren't also as _crappy_ as Sound Blasters are today.

The digital side of things may continue to evolve at an astonishing
rate, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the analog stuff. I have
a hard time imagining a future in which I'd want the 16 channels of
jacks, filter caps, op-amps, etc. that $100 would buy you...

but we can dream, of course!

--

---------------- paul winkler ------------------ slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc.

zarmzarm_AT_hotmail.com --or-- slinkp AT ulster DOT net http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/ ======================================================