Re: [linux-audio-dev] new sequencer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] new sequencer
From: David Slomin (dgslomin_AT_CS.Princeton.EDU)
Date: ti loka   05 1999 - 22:17:43 EDT

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, RACZ Mate (reactor/CTPmedia) wrote:

> so, there's a new sequencer program out there, called Brahms.

Umm, nobody noticed that "Brahms" is just the new name of Kubase? As I'm
not a particularly big fan of the real Cubase, I think it's a step in the
right direction that they've given up trying to clone the name... maybe it
also means they'll stop trying to clone the program and instead create
something truly great on their own.

On a side note (so to speak), has anybody played with Cantor, the other
Qt-based sequencer project? It was a very quiet project, no announcements
and no web site, and I don't know if it ever got very far. Is it
worthwhile downloading, building, and installing it?

Div.