Re: [linux-audio-dev] a new application underway

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] a new application underway
From: thudson_AT_cygnus.com
Date: la loka   09 1999 - 11:55:31 EDT

David Olofson wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Oct 1999, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> > scrolling screens matter. if i want 64 channels. there is no way to
> > *ever* fit them on the screen.
>
> I don't think scrolling is the way to do it. Cakewalk is really getting on my
> nerves at mixdown time for that very reason. (Well, then there's the
> DirectKplode problem, but that's another story...) 30-50 tracks is just plain
> h*ll to navigate that way, as you lose orientation as soon as you touch the
> scroll bar. And scrolling any other way takes too long.

There was an interesting file manager on the SGI that had a slider that
allowed one to zoom in and out of the view. I think the now defunct
Fresco allowed similar transformations of widgets. They widgets were
still active and usable in their shrunken state. There was an example
of a scaled and rotated copy of a drawing program pasted in another
copy of itself. The pasted copy was still fully functional.

Thomas