Re: [linux-audio-dev] aRts, KDE - say it ain't so!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] aRts, KDE - say it ain't so!
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: ma loka   11 1999 - 14:15:14 EDT

>GNOME isn't a desktop at all, and your hatred/fear of it is

I don't hate it. I don't fear it.

>I think it's a phenomenally useful evolution of the Unix graphical
>environment

no question of that.

But audio has no inherent connection to the Unix graphical environment.

I don't want phenomenally useful tools ending up as part of that
*graphical* environment when they should be part of *the {Li,U}nix
environment* instead.

>it *doesn't* tie one to a specific desktop.

but it does tie one to a desktop.

>GNOME is a good thing, in my book.

in mine too. i just don't see that it has any place defining audio
standards that might have a role in non-graphical programs.

--p