Re: [linux-audio-dev] plug-in mania and the sound editor du jour

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] plug-in mania and the sound editor du jour
From: David Benson (daveb_AT_idealab.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 20:18:51 EEST

> It would help if you would write about the design inside it.

There is a rather brief but accurate description,

        http://www.ffem.org/gdam/architecture.html

Basically we piggyback on gtk's type system and glib's main loop
a client/server protocol.

Actually looking at it now it could clearly use some work,
sorry I'll tidy that up this weekend.

> Seriously, it would help if we would have that Linux audio distribution
> for plenty of Linux audio software. One could just install and get
> interested.

Unfortunately I cannot tell if you mean that
you want an easy to install package of gdam,
or an easy to install package management system in general.

Perhaps the newly built and HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL
(unfortunately this warning was missing this morning b/c of
my experiments w/ nightly builds....)
rpms and debian packages can help.

Brave users can try them (they shouldn't do any damage,
and there have been some success stories... i only have access
to debian machines :( ...)

- Dave