Re: [linux-audio-dev] control curve patent

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] control curve patent
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 00:37:52 EET

On Thursday 30 November 2000 20:41, Richard Dobson wrote:
> Well, if the patent means "(re)drawing (part of) a waveform", that
> dates right back to the original Fairlight (1979?) (one of it's
> many unique selling points), and I would be surprised if the
> original PPG system didn't have it, but there are plenty of
> waveform editors that offer mouse-based redrawing, that have been
> around for a while (Cubase/Logic on the Atari?).

AudioMaster II (and probably earlier versions as well) on the Amiga
had this. (It's a sample editor for 8 bit mono and stereo.) I've used
it on my first Amiga (a 500), and I got that one a few months after
the model was released. I don't know how long that program has been
around, but it could date back to the original Amiga 1000...

//David

| A Free/Open Source | | Audio Hacker |
| for | | Open Source Advocate |
| Professional and Consumer | | Singer |
| Multimedia | | Songwriter |
`-----> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `---> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'