Re: [linux-audio-dev] control curve patent

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] control curve patent
From: Dan Hollis (goemon_AT_anime.net)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 03:57:49 EET

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, David Olofson wrote:
> AudioMaster II (and probably earlier versions as well) on the Amiga
> had this. (It's a sample editor for 8 bit mono and stereo.) I've used
> it on my first Amiga (a 500), and I got that one a few months after
> the model was released. I don't know how long that program has been
> around, but it could date back to the original Amiga 1000...

There are sample hardware and editors for the old Atari 8-bits (and I
suppose, Apple II) that allow on-screen waveform editing with
joystick/mouse (yes, there were a few mice back then, basically inverted
trackball in the joystick port ;)

That would be circa 1981/1982... before the word "sampler" was in vogue,
and everything was called a "sound digitizer"

-Dan